Working with the pastoral team and volunteers, the Director of Youth and Family Ministry serves to accompany, encourage, and engage youth on their faith journey, including Middle School Confirmation (6th-8th grades) and High School Youth Group (9th-12th grades), through a wide-range of youth and education activities.
- Forge meaningful relationships with youth, families, staff, and volunteers
- Provide a positive role model for the spiritual, moral, and social development of youth
- Plan and facilitate youth and family activities
- Collaborate with pastoral team and volunteers to develop monthly and yearly schedules for Confirmation and youth activities
- Collaborate with both pastoral team and youth committee volunteers to incorporate youth into worship and other aspects of church life
- Be present in the congregation
- Demonstrate a strong relationship with Jesus Christ, a willingness to serve as part of a team, and for building well-rounded and healthy relationships with the youth
- Possess excellent organizational, planning, and budget management skills
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Be tech and social media savvy
Pay Rate: $20/HR up to 30 HRs per week
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit questions or a resume as well as a letter of interest to [email protected].
“Joy” and “Life” are big words for us at Christ Our Shepherd Lutheran Church. Through our Christian faith, we lean into God’s promise that through Jesus we are freed by grace to live faithfully and serve joyfully. Though we understand that life is full of questions and challenges, we believe God’s plan for us is not one of despair or guilt, but rather one of joy and life. Together as a Church in Peachtree City, we celebrate God’s victory and opportunities in Christ.
COS Vision: Our vision is to continue to create an open community, welcoming, encouraging, and equipping all to grow and make a positive impact for the greater good.