Working with the pastoral team and volunteers, the Minister in Music serves to lead, accompany, encourage, and engage the congregation, pastors, staff, and volunteers in musical worship and other musical activities.
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with the congregation, staff, and volunteers
- Provide a positive role model for the spiritual, moral, and social development of everyone
- Plan and facilitate worship and non-worship musical activities
- Collaborate with pastoral team and volunteers to develop monthly and yearly schedules for worship and non-worship musical activities
- Collaborate with both pastoral team and music ministry volunteers to incorporate music into worship and other aspects of church life
- Be present in the congregation
- Demonstrate a strong relationship with Jesus Christ and with the Church
- Demonstrate a willingness to serve as part of a team and to build well-rounded and healthy relationships with the congregation, staff, and music volunteers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Vocal, Choral, or Organ music
- Extra consideration will be given to years of postgraduate church music experience (traditional and contemporary)
- Possess excellent skills playing the pipe organ and piano
- Possess excellent skills leading congregational and choral singing from the keyboard
- Possess excellent organizational, planning, and budget management skills
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Be tech and social media savvy
Pay Rate: Competitive salary and benefits
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit questions or a resume as well as a letter of interest to [email protected], or use the form below.
“Joy” and “Life” are big words for us at Christ Our Shepherd Lutheran Church. Through our Christian faith, we lean into God’s promise that through Jesus we are freed by grace to live faithfully and serve joyfully. Though we understand that life is full of questions and challenges, we believe God’s plan for us is not one of despair or guilt, but rather one of joy and life. Together as a Church in Peachtree City, we celebrate God’s victory and opportunities in Christ.
COS Vision: Our vision is to continue to create an open community, welcoming, encouraging, and equipping all to grow and make a positive impact for the greater good.