Hoops for Haiti
MARCH MADNESS FOR A CAUSE!
all proceeds go through the haitian timoun foundation
HOOPS for HAITI is an exciting way to raise monies for Haitian children. Most children live in extreme poverty, go to bed hungry, don’t have clean water and are unable to attend school. For more information on the Haitian Timoun Foundation, please click here:
March Madness is upon us again and it means another chance to have a blast changing the world positively with Jesus through Hoops for Haiti! We ae partnering with several Lutheran churches in a friendly competition! Here are some FAQs for your participation this year:
- What is Hoops for Haiti? A fun way to raise money to help under resourced brothers and sisters in Christ in Haiti.
- How do I participate? Have fun constructing a bracket, predicting who you think will win in this years’ Men’s NCAA Basketball Tournament
- What if I don’t like sports? No problem! All donations are accepted. This is the one time of the year COS emphasizes a global ministry, so we want to make it count. But try to fill out a bracket for fun. Jayne Troy, who says she knows nothing about basketball, was one point away from being our champion!
- How do I fill out the bracket? When clicking on the CBS Sports link below, you will see HTF Hoops for Haiti in the middle of the page. To the right, you will see a box to either sign up or login – select the appropriate one.
Please go ahead and sign up now. Brackets are available – “Selection Sunday” where the NCAA finalizes which teams are “IN”. The deadline to fill out your bracket online is BEFORE noon on Friday, March 19.
Is there a special twist this year? Yes, we are experimenting with one big crazy bracket whereby folks from four ELCA churches participate.
- What if I have trouble signing up? Joe Strelec [email protected] is our COS insider and “Bracket Master.”
- What’s the cost to participate? Well, consider it a gift to Jesus. Many folks put money in the office bracket pool, but in this case, all the money goes to changing lives! We ask everyone to donate at least $25.
- How do I give my $25+? Get it to COS with “Haiti or Hoops for Haiti” clearly marked, either by check or cash, or online giving option at coslutheran.org/give.
- How does this help Haiti? Since Jesus challenges us to loving connection locally, regionally and globally, we’ve committed to a partnership with Haiti. ELCA congregations support HTF which provides care for severely disabled children, women battling ultra-poverty, and school-children with special needs.